Friday 6 May 2011

Suspiscious mind (Then: Aug 2009)

I went to meet the West End guy for dinner in Knightsbridge. When I turned up he was sitting with a few friends in a wine bar. They were all pretty drunk when I got there. As soon as I arrived his friends stood up and started to stagger out. One of them muttered something under his breath and winked at the West End guy. I wasn’t supposed to hear but I have ears like a bat.

“Take it Cristine isn’t to know about this”?”.
I ask West End man. “Who is Cristine?”
He replies “What? Don’t know.”
I ask again. He tells me she is someone he is networking with for an event with a hotel company. I ask which company. I used to work in the tourism industry and know my stuff. He gets irritated but I push. Eventually he says” Starwood hotels why what’s the problem?”, I let it drop.

When I get home that night I google “Starwood hotels” and “Cristina”. I get a hit. She is a manager for the group. I click on her profile. Blah Blah Blah. Responsible for this and that. And then at the bottom of the page a brief bio about her. She is engaged. To the guy I have been seeing for five months….

No comments: