Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Not-so-godly- Father _( Then: July 2008)

One night in July 2009 I go and meet the West End guy. We have been seeing each other for 4 months. He is sitting in the bar with a Cockney bloke who gets really annoyed when I join them at the table. He leaves after about 20 minutes. I ask who he was. I am told that he is a big player in the London Mafia.

I start to suspect that the guy I am seeing could have a murky life. I think about trying  to ask some probing questions. I consider: "Have you ever been in trouble with the law?" and  !How did you get so rich that you have a mansion on Hyde Park?". However after a bottle of champagne he is in the mood to talk and tells me a delightful story about how he got revenge on the guy he hired to design his website who didnt build it to specifications. I ask what happened. He tells me with a deadpan face that he got someone to go to the guys flat and smash it up. I wait for the punchline but it doesnt arrive. I tell myself that he is joking and talking nonsense after too much to drink but that night I make an excuse and take a taxi home instead of letting his driver take me.

No comments: